AWAKENING OF THE HEART: COURSES IN THE ESSENTIAL BUDDHIST SUTRAS
THE HEART SUTRA
WITH Dharma Teacher Jim Scott–Behrends
May 11 to July 13, 2022
7:00 to 8:30 pm pst
We begin with a short sit followed by an exploration of the Sutra and Dharma discussion.
We will be using Thay’s translation of the Heart Sutra, The Other Shore.
- WEEK ONE: MAY 11 The Cloud and the Cave: The Insight that Brings us to the Other Shore
- WEEK TWO: MAY 18 Interbeing: Empty of What?
- WEEK THREE: MAY 25 The Way of Understanding: Long Live Emptiness
- WEEK FOUR: JUNE 1 The Mark of Emptiness: Happy Continuation
- WEEK FIVE: JUNE 8 Can You See the Sunflowers? Roses and Garbage
- WEEK SIX: JUNE 15 The Moon is Always the Moon: What’s in a Name?
- WEEK SEVEN:JUNE 22 Stars Are Consciousness: Everything Is a Formation
- WEEK EIGHT: JUNE 29 The Path of Happiness: Chasing Butterflies
- WEEK NINE: JULY 6 Freedom: No longer Afraid
- WEEK TEN: JULY 13 Who is Enlightened? The Mantra
Donations are appreciated.
Donations can be made through PayPal.com using Jim’s email address.
For other options to offer dana contact Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the Zoom information and links to recordings contact Logan at email@example.com.