Dear Community of Mindful Living in Northern California,
We hope you all are in good health.
In order to continue expressing our Gratitude to Thay Nhat Hanh, Thay Tu Luc of the Compassion Meditation Center (Pho Tu Pagoda) would like to invite you to come to the Compassion Meditation Center to practice mindfulness with the hope to bring benefits to all beings.
Pho Tu Pagoda (Compassion Meditation Center)
17327 Meekland Ave
Hayward CA 94541
Dates and Times:
– February 19, 2022, 10:00 am – 11:30 am; ceremony in Vietnamese.
**This event will include a Tâm Tang (Heart Mourning) pin to give to whoever wants to wear it to remember and honor Thay Nhat Hanh.
– March 5, 2022, 10:00 am -11:30 am; event in English.
** (please see above comment)
Please bring poems and songs in remembrance of Thay Nhat Hanh to share. You can also bring some small objects to temporary place at the Shrine during this morning to remember Thay Nhat Hanh.
– March 13, 2022, 2:00pm – 4:00 pm,
**(please see above comment)
Celebration of Life Ceremony in bilingual (English and Vietnamese).
Tentatively this event will be done in the open space behind the pagoda main building. The program could be sitting with leisure within Thay Nhat Hanh; Chanting Avalokiteshvara and Offering from the Buddhist Youth of America and all attendees.
If you have any big decoration or exhibit to present at this Match 13 Ceremony, please give them to Thay Tu Luc by March 10. More details will be announced later. Please save the dates and attend.
– Also FYI our dear practitioner Khoe Bach in Sacramento is making a book of memoirs to remember Thay Nhat Hanh at the 100th day after Thay’s passing; if you have some writings that you want to contribute, please send them to Thay Tu Luc at the address listed above.
– If any sangha wants some Tâm Tang (Heart Mourning) pins for their sangha members to wear in honoring Thay Nhat Hanh, please email to Thay Tu Luc at email@example.com with your return address and the desired quantity of pins.
Thank you in advance for your love and practice.
Hope to see you at these events.