Dear Respected Thay, Dear Community,
As a community of deeply caring and engaged people, a commonly heard struggle is how to keep stretching our bandwidth to an ever-increasing set of fundamental issues that urgently need attention, wise attention. Our sangha practice provides a container, energy, support and collaboration to skillfully stretch our bandwidths.
Sugarplum Sangha wants to invite you to partake of any and all practices for our online offerings to bolster the mahasangha. This is our third 21 day retreat, held from June 7-28.
We chose the name during lighter times, “21 day workout: Sangha Body Building”. In this moment, it seems so light hearted. Our offering is to be able to go deep and maintain our grasp on joy/happiness, holding those in our two hands.
Here are four ways you can join us for this retreat from June 7 – 28.
1. Moving toward Collective Awakening: Join in 1-3 weeks of formal practice in the Plum Village traditions of sitting, sutras, exercise, silent meals, deep relaxation, Dharma talks and sharing. Join as an individual or join as a sangha.
2. Establishing Commitments: Promote a global ethic. Let practitioners know that they have the opportunity to study the 5 Mindfulness Trainings, and make or renew a commitment to them in a formal ceremony in conjunction with Hayward Compassion Temple, Venerable Thay Tu Luc, Transmission Master. This will take place on the Solstice: June 21, 7 am pdt.
3. Furthering Consciousness Raising: Attend one or all of the three session webinars on vital contemporary sangha and global issues.
- Our brain on Mindfulness: Tuesdays, June 9, 16, 23. 7:30-9 pdt
- Socially Engaged Buddhism: Thursdays, June 11,18, 25 7:30-9. pdt
- Power, Privilege, and Vulnerability: Saturdays, June 13, 20, 27. 7:30-9 pdt
4. Exploring Creativity: Play with us by engaging with some of our playful online offerings. You can download Beginning Anew Bingo, try our “5 MT Choose Your Own Adventure” game, or complete the “Shining the Light on your Tree of Life” art process.
You may participate at whatever level works for you. Many sessions will be recorded and can adapt to all time zones in the US. These offerings are completely on a dana basis, no impediments to joining.
PLEASE HELP US INFORM OUR COMMUNITY ABOUT THESE OFFERINGS BY SENDING THIS TO YOUR SANGHAS
For more information, and registration see sugarplumsangha.org/21day-workout
From: Jo-ann Rosen